The 2019 Kentucky Derby, held on Saturday, May 4, 2019 (5/4/19) will be the 145th running of the horse race at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
A field of 20 horses will compete in the Run for the Roses and the $1.86 million prize.
The first leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown features 3-year old thoroughbreds and is run at a distance of 1 1/4 miles on dirt.
Omaha Beach was pegged as the morning-line favorite during the Kentucky Derby post-draw at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
The winner of both the Rebel Stakes and Arkansas Derby earlier this year, Omaha Beach will be piloted by Mike Smith, who rode Justify to the Triple Crown in 2018.
Bob Baffert, who saddled Justify last year, will have three chances to win his sixth Kentucky Derby. The Hall of Fame trainer is conditioning Game Winner, Roadster and Improbable in this year’s Run for the Roses.
Horse (Trainer/Jockey) Odds
1. War of Will (Mark Casse/Tyler Gaffalione) 20/1
2. Tax (Danny Gargen/Junior Alvarado) 20/1
3. By My Standards (W. Bret Calhoun/Gabriel Saez) 20/1
4. Gray Magician (Peter Miller/Drayden Van Dyke) 50/1
5. Improbable (Bob Baffert/Irad Ortiz Jr.) 6/1
6. Vekoma (George Weaver/Javier Castellano) 20/1
7. Maximum Security (Jason Servis/Luis Saez) 10/1
8. Tacitus (William Mott/Jose Ortiz) 10/1
9. Plus Que Parfait (Brendan Walsh/Ricardo Santana Jr.) 30/1
10. Cutting Humor (Todd Pletcher/ corey lanerie 30/1
11. Haikal (Kiaran McLaughlin/Rajiv Maragh) 30/1
12. Omaha Beach (Richard Mandella/Mike Smith) 4/1
13. Code of Honor (Claude McGaughey III/John Velasquez) 15/1
14. Win Win Win (Michael Trombetta/Julian Pimentel) 15/1
15. Master Fencer (Koichi Tsunoda/Julien Leparoux) 50/1
16. Game Winner (Bob Baffert/Joel Rosario) 5/1
17. Roadster (Bob Baffert/Florent Geroux) 6/1
18. Long Range Toddy (Steve Asmussen/Jon Court) 30/1
19. Spinoff (Todd Pletcher/Manny Franco) 30/1
20. Country House (William Mott/Flavien Prat) 30/1